Who we are
Christ Church is an Episcopal Church under the oversight of the Bishop of the Diocese of New York. The people of Christ Church have built, over the many years since it was founded in 1901, a community based on the knowledge that God’s love for humanity knows no bounds, and that with God all things are possible. As you will see, we are black and white, women and men, young and old, liberal and conservative, gay and straight, single and married, from Bronxville and Yonkers, Eastchester and Mt. Vernon, Tuckahoe and the Bronx.
What we share is that we’ve embraced the Gospel’s vision of hope and love and profound acceptance in the name of Jesus Christ. We believe God has called us together to reflect a better way of being in the world.
Welcome to CCBNY!
We welcome you and invite you to enter into a deeper exploration of a community that shares the love of Jesus Christ with each other, and the world. It takes more than a few words to describe a parish, but there are two things we can tell you right away: we are committed to Jesus Christ and from that commitment flows our care for one another and our ministries. In every ministry and program, we at Christ Church Bronxville invite you to enter more deeply into the life we share in Christ. No matter where you are on your spiritual journey there is a home for you at Christ Church Bronxville. Our worship, music, education and outreach challenge us to embrace holiness and fearlessly share Christ's love. We hope you will join us.
Let us know you are here:
Please introduce yourself to our ushers and our clergy after the service. They will be thrilled to meet you! You are also encouraged to spend a moment at Coffee Hour to enjoy a muffin and conversation with parishioners. Unable to stay after the service? Please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and our clergy will reach out to you via email or phone to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.
Join us for Coffee Hour:
Throughout the program year (September - June) CCBNY’s hospitality committee provides a Coffee Hour in the Undercroft offering opportunity for fellowship and tasty treats! Find your way to the Undercroft by taking the stairs down a level from the Narthex (the back of the Church). If needed, please ask our ushers to direct you to our elevator.
What to expect:
When you come to church at Christ Church, you can expect to find...
- SPACE TO PRAY. Our services include hymns, prayers, and time for silence, as well as Communion and sermons that connect our Scriptures to our lives.
- SPACE TO BE YOURSELF. Worshipers at Christ Church come from many different places, backgrounds, and perspectives. As you will see, we are black and white, women and men, young and old, liberal and conservative, gay and straight, single and married, from Bronxville and Yonkers, Eatchester and Mt. Vernon, Tuckahoe and the Bronx.
- SPACE TO MAKE CONNECTIONS. Whether it's your first time or your thousandth, there's always an opportunity to get better connected with God and one another. Join us at coffee hour or say hello to our clergy and ushers on your way out. We look forward to meeting you.
Becoming a member:
For Christians, the most important "membership" we have is our membership in the Body of Christ, offered through Holy Baptism. All are eligible for this membership, there are no dues, and it never expires. To be a member of Christ Church is to take up the responsibilities of Baptism through the worship, mission, and ministries of this church: to pray, work, and give at and through CCBNY for the spread of the Kingdom of God.
- Pray. Make prayer with the gathered community a part of your personal spiritual practice by participating in Sunday and/or weekday worship whenever you are able.
- Work. Look for a way, however modest or ambitious, to offer your time and talents in God's service as we seek to share the love of Jesus Christ with each other and the world.
- Give. Prayerfully commit a portion of your personal or household budget to our common life and ministries by making an annual financial commitment.
Please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and our clergy will reach out to you via email or phone to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.